Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bumblebee Ross



Personally, I am not typically one to advocate for dogs being dressed in clothing or costumes, and despite the fact that my puppy at the time did win the costume contest at a puppy raising Halloween party about 5 years ago, I haven't felt the need to make it a habit.

But, this year I couldn't resist! The kids get to celebrate Halloween at work, and I KNEW they would get a hit out of Ross being dressed up. I picked a costume that I thought a black Lab could pull off, and boy was he a trooper! The costume is actually a human bumblebee costume, but it worked perfectly! I attached the wings to his puppy coat, so the elastic straps wouldn't bother him. I attempted to make stripes with yellow crepe paper, but Ross kept turning around and licking his stripes, causing the crepe paper to instantly dissolve and the stripes to fall off. So, instead Ross was left with his glittery wings and bobbing antennae.

He was SO good about the costume! He frequently pouted and often looked ashamed, but put on a happy face for the kids and trotted around campus, showing off his costume to all. He managed to get his antennae off a time or two, but really didn't make much of a fuss and eventually just put himself to bed with his full costume on, antennae and all!

No comments: